For 140 years, the RFS has dedicated itself to sharing knowledge on the art and science of woodland management so that the accumulated wisdom and experience of landowners, foresters, arborists and others is transferred from one generation to another.
The RFS believes that:
- Woods should be managed not neglected
- Thriving woods depend on nurturing skills and sharing knowledge
- We must increase woodland resilience to pests, disease and climate change
- More sustainably managed productive woods should be created
- Well managed woods generate extensive public benefits which should be funded
- We must increase public understanding of the value of managed woodland